Actualizado el texto de las normas del foro Principiantes. ×

Focus points no longer show

Lucia_S
 Compartir

Publicaciones recomendadas

Hello!

I have a question about something in my camera. (Sorry in advance if something seems confusing, since English is not my first language) I have a Nikon D5600, when it comes to focus, it always allowed me choose how many focus point I wanted, and whenever I was going to take a photo, when looking through the viewfinder, I could see the camera adjusting the different points depending on the movement (or not) of the subject, I mean, the points followed the subject and they would change, appear and disappear depending on where the subject was positioning and its movement. What happens now, is that that doesn't happen anymore. Now no matter what focus option I choose, I only see one points through the viewfinder, that is the one that I can choose where to position with the multi selector. And it does not matter if I choose 9, 21, 39 or whatever number of points, they never appear when looking through the viewfinder. I didn't notice when this started happening. In the past I always used to see them depending what I chose.

I don't know if this has something to do, but I never updated the firmware and I know there are some new updates. My current version on my camera says: C 1. 02 / L 2. 016

Well I just mention that in case it might has something to do, otherwise, i'd like to know if it's something related to settings or a problem in the camera itself.

Please, enter this link where you can see images to better understand what I mean: https://ibb.co/album/g6Zt4F 

- The pictures of the plant are what I see through the viewfinder in my camera. (I know that the subject is not moving, but if it was, I would still see the same. Just one point)

- The picture of the people on the boat is the one closest to what I used to see. Because there focus points/ squares in the screen were green. The other pictures are similar because the squares/ focus points are red. But basically  what I mean is what I've been saying, I don't see nothing of that anymore.

- A picture of the screen of my camera

I hope you can help me, thank you so much!

Editado por Lucia_S
Enlace al comentario
Compartir en otros sitios web

Hello!
I have a question about something in my camera. (Sorry in advance if something seems confusing, since English is not my first language) I have a Nikon D5600, when it comes to focus, it always allowed me choose how many focus point I wanted, and whenever I was going to take a photo, when looking through the viewfinder, I could see the camera adjusting the different points depending on the movement (or not) of the subject, I mean, the points followed the subject and they would change, appear and disappear depending on where the subject was positioning and its movement. What happens now, is that that doesn't happen anymore. Now no matter what focus option I choose, I only see one points through the viewfinder, that is the one that I can choose where to position with the multi selector. And it does not matter if I choose 9, 21, 39 or whatever number of points, they never appear when looking through the viewfinder. I didn't notice when this started happening. In the past I always used to see them depending what I chose.
I don't know if this has something to do, but I never updated the firmware and I know there are some new updates. My current version on my camera says: C 1. 02 / L 2. 016
Well I just mention that in case it might has something to do, otherwise, i'd like to know if it's something related to settings or a problem in the camera itself.
Please, enter this link where you can see images to better understand what I mean: https://ibb.co/album/g6Zt4F 
- The pictures of the plant are what I see through the viewfinder in my camera. (I know that the subject is not moving, but if it was, I would still see the same. Just one point)
- The picture of the people on the boat is the one closest to what I used to see. Because there focus points/ squares in the screen were green. The other pictures are similar because the squares/ focus points are red. But basically  what I mean is what I've been saying, I don't see nothing of that anymore.
- A picture of the screen of my camera
I hope you can help me, thank you so much!
Hi

I think You changed the focus mode from af a (all automatic) where the camera choses one or morefacuspoints depending on the subjet. Probably You are now in af s or af c mode

You can change it With the i menu and change the af modus in the tactil menu back to af a

Enviado desde mi SM-T510 mediante Tapatalk

Enlace al comentario

Hi again

I just se the Backscreen picture and your camera is already in af a

You should change the next icon right of it With '21' you have selected dynamic zone, you should change to auto área, the one without points, represented With a Square

Let us Know if it Works

Enviado desde mi SM-T510 mediante Tapatalk

Enlace al comentario

Hello Brunaita, thank you so much for your answer!.

I've tried what you said, change it to single point AF and looked through the viewfinder, I moved my hand in front of the camera and pressed the shutter release halfway to focus and see. But I still see the same, just one point through the viewfinder. I don't know :blush:

By the way, stunning pictures in your flickr account!

Enlace al comentario